Over 30 years ago, in a time when ecology was unknown to general industry, this activity established one of the first full service departments of Matco nv. Since its beginning, Matco chose to apply circular economy and the cradle-to-cradle principle, even long before these terms were even invented. All those years of experience taught us to offer ready-made solutions within the multitude of chemical industries, in order to ensure recuperation and valorisation of ‘problematic’ cases. This way, an adequate answer can quickly be given to every industrial branch, within the wide variety in chemistry. A few examples of damages, residues, off-spec or contaminated material, and overstock:
- Water-based dispersions (based on acrylate, vinyl acetate, latex, polyurethane, etc.)
- Off-spec titanium dioxides (rutile and anatase, or mixtures with other fillers)
- Alkaline buffers (Na2CO3, NaOH, KOH, etc.)
- Inorganic metallurgic products
- Second choice or off-spec organic solvents (even strongly contaminated)
- Bacteriologic degradable products
These products often end up being destroyed and pose a high cost for the producer. Matco provides a complete and reliable solution for ALL (hazardous) chemical waste, including the logistics and administration. There are no restrictions on packaging or quantity. Matco offers cost-effective and environmental friendly solutions thanks to an extensive network of alternative end-users while meeting all legislations. We have a permit for (temporary) storage of hazardous chemical waste and are an accredited collector in all Belgian regions (Flanders, Wallonia and Brussels).