Sodium dichloroisocyanurate dihydrated
What is Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate Dihydrated?
Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate Dihydrated, often abbreviated as DICD, is a chemical compound that has gained recognition for its versatility and effectiveness in various applications. This white crystalline powder is a sodium salt of dichloroisocyanuric acid and is commonly used for its disinfectant and sanitizing properties. With a molecular formula of C3Cl2N3NaO3·2H2O, it combines the benefits of both sodium dichloroisocyanurate and dihydrate forms, making it a valuable chemical compound across several industries.
Applications of Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate Dihydrated
- Water Treatment: One of the primary applications of DICDis in water treatment. It is widely used to disinfect swimming pools, drinking water, and wastewater. Its effectiveness in killing bacteria, viruses, and algae makes it an essential component for maintaining water hygiene.
- Disinfection: DICDis a potent disinfectant and is employed in various sectors such as healthcare, agriculture, and food processing. It helps in the control of pathogens on surfaces, equipment, and even in the air.
- Agriculture: Farmers and agricultural professionals utilize DICDto disinfect water sources for irrigation, control fungal and bacterial diseases in crops, and sanitize farm equipment. Its compatibility with different water sources makes it a versatile choice.
- Textile Industry: In textile manufacturing, DICDis used to bleach and disinfect fabrics. It helps maintain the quality and hygiene of textiles during production.
- Oil and Gas Industry: DICD finds applications in the oil and gas industry for well stimulation and water treatment. It aids in maintaining the integrity of oil and gas extraction equipment.
- Household Cleaning: Some household cleaning products contain DICDdue to its disinfecting properties. It can effectively clean and disinfect surfaces in homes, ensuring a safe and hygienic environment.
- Medical and Healthcare: Hospitals and healthcare facilities use DICDfor disinfecting medical instruments, surfaces, and even for sterilizing water used in medical procedures.
Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate Dihydrated: Benefits
The widespread use of Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate Dihydrated can be attributed to several key benefits:
- Efficient Disinfection: DICDis a powerful disinfectant that can eliminate a wide range of pathogens, including bacteria, viruses, and algae, making it invaluable in maintaining health and safety standards.
- Long Shelf Life: It has a long shelf life when stored properly, making it a convenient choice for various industries and applications.
- Ease of Handling: DICDis available in various forms, including granules and tablets, which are easy to handle and use in different scenarios.
- Water Solubility: Its water solubility ensures even distribution and effective treatment in water-based applications.
- Economical: DICD is a cost-effective solution for disinfection and water treatment, offering an excellent balance between cost and performance.
How Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate Dihydrated is Made
The production of Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate Dihydrated involves a series of chemical reactions. It starts with the reaction of cyanuric acid with chlorine gas to form dichloroisocyanuric acid. This acid is then neutralized with sodium hydroxide to create Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate. The addition of water to this compound results in the formation of Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate Dihydrated. The chemical reactions involved are precise and carefully controlled to ensure the purity and quality of the final product.
In conclusion, Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate Dihydrated is a versatile chemical compound with a wide range of applications, primarily centered around disinfection and water treatment. Its effectiveness, ease of handling, and cost-efficiency make it a valuable asset in various industries, from healthcare to agriculture and beyond. Understanding its benefits and production process highlights its significance in ensuring hygiene and safety across different sectors.
Where can I buy Sodium dichloroisocyanurate dihydrated in Europe ?
Contact us for Sodium dichloroisocyanurate dihydrated availability and prices